Our Partner – a comprehensive university in the greater Seoul area – began investing in global engagement several years back, establishing partnerships with new external partners and integrating global engagement within its academic, applied research and administrative units. Preempting a multi-year domestic enrolment decline coupled with reduced government support, our partner saw its opportunity. In 2016, they sought to establish a global institute to:
- Establish itself as a global education hub, serving as a conduit for world-ready education and training that links South East Asia to North America.
- Increase global learners on campus by partnering with education agencies, scaling-up recruitment efforts and revamping their global brand strategy.
- Expand the number of global field placements for students and staff within institutions in growth markets, such as Canada.
- Deliver bespoke training solutions for industry and government clients aligning institutional capability to market demand.
Our engagement centred on three interconnected service streams - engagement, technology and delivery:
- Engagement: Brand, marketing and communications services that increase on-campus diversity and engagement through student recruitment, exchange and internship programs.
- Technology: Advisory services to design a bespoke education and learner management system to enhance experience for its global learners.
- Delivery: Education services as a provider of globally-accredited, industry-driven training in English and management to private and public sector clients.
Impact on the Client
- A diversified learner population, representing new academic and industry partners as well as new countries and regions.
- Financial sustainability through diversified revenue streams that reflect our partners capabilities in education, training and research.
- Deeper global and cultural engagement - at home and abroad - setting the stage for multi-year, organically-developed partnerships.