For several years, the Government of Vietnam had focused on transforming its education system to meet the needs of a 21st century economy. They were at a tipping point. Managing organizational change across the country’s applied education system was the next challenge. NC Global was engaged to shepherd through that change. Our objective was clear - strengthen the management and leadership capabilities within Vietnam’s college leaders to better serve the growing Vietnamese economy. Our Client's vision was bold, hands-on and results-driven. They sought to:
- Institutionalize professional development for college leaders, drawing on the success of Ontario’s leadership development strategy to enable a faster transition to a market economy.
- Establish a learn-by-doing model to institutionalize change among leaders at newly established Training Centres.
- Ensure Training Centres are self-sustaining within five years and the curriculum can be customized to meet the training needs of broader audiences throughout the ASEAN region.
Develop a cutting-edge leadership development program and business sustainability strategy based on best practices of Canadian colleges
- Design, develop and rollout an 11-course, specialized program to build leadership capabilities.
- Train facilitators to deliver the courses using interactive and engaging techniques.
- Establish a quality assurance system and guidelines for the program.
- Create a master trainer program to make the initiative sustainable within five years.
Impact on the Client
- Needs of the marketplace are being met by building the capabilities of technical and professional educators and managers to transform their organizations from supply- to demand-driven.
- Nearly 240 participants, including 50 women, from 66 Vietnamese colleges took courses in three subjects in 2017, the first year of the CAM Series program.
- Leaders from more than 150 colleges will participate in the program, setting them on a path to develop student-centred institutions that prepare graduates to meet the needs of the Vietnam job market.
- Training centres are now developing the capabilities of leaders across the Vietnamese college system to strategically manage institutions that will better meet the demands of the country’s economy.
"NC Global worked side by side with TCAM leaders to design and roll out the CAM Series, a flagship college leadership training program that takes a learning by doing approach."