As an English plus Biomedical Science program, this partnership provides Chinese students with exposure to the Biomedical Engineering field in the Niagara region. Through a combination of Biomedical related site visits and classroom instruction, students learn about Biomedical Engineering practices in Canada as well as Medical Device and Biomedical English vocabulary.
- Executing initial orientation session to introduce students to Niagara College and the Niagara region.
- Delivering customized English for Specific Purposes (ESP) program consisting of a variety of English classes, Biomedical instruction and industry site visits, such as St. Catharines Hospital and Niagara College’s Applied Health Institute.
- Enhancing global competencies through a series of social and cultural activities aimed at providing participants with a truly authentic Canadian experience.
Impact on the Client
Promoting personal and professional growth in over 50 students, including:
- Obtaining new knowledge about Biomedical Engineering in Canada through Biomedical instruction and site visits showcasing state-of-the-art technology and patient-centred design features;
- Strengthening students’ general English skills and Biomedical English vocabulary; and
- Developing cross-cultural relationships with both Canadian and other international students.