In partnership with SGS Canada Inc., Niagara College designed and delivered a risk-focused, tool kit based approach to train in the “HOW TO” of food safety management. The customized capability building program, namely, the Food Safety Program Optimization (FSPO) Certificate Program, was designed to target risk reduction and provide the tools to students to demonstrate true risk-based diligence. This program offered a unique proposition to those seeking to take their careers to the next level in the fields of risk management, auditing and supply chains dealing with food, wine and beer.
- Executing initial orientation session to introduce students to Niagara College and the Niagara region.
- Delivering customized program consisting of Hazard Analysis, Internal Auditing, Supply Chain Food Safety Management, Food Safety System Corrective Actions, and building a Sound Quality Management System.
- Enhancing global competencies through a series of social and cultural activities aimed at providing participants with a truly authentic Canadian experience.
Impact on the Client
- Introducing a step-wise approach to hazard analysis assessment planning and execution;
- Building capacity to design, action plan and implement an internal food safety and risk auditing process;
- Increasing skills among participants in proper identification of supplier level and transport/storage chain hazards, risk assessment for supply chains, supplier approvals procedures and supplier communication and monitoring; and
- Creating a strong foundation among participants to initiate and perform risk-minimization corrective action planning within the food production environment.