BECAS Chile is a program executed by the Ministry of Education that aims to boost the economic, social and cultural development of Chile by providing students with the opportunity to study abroad in professional and technical fields. Through a long-standing relationship with BECAS Chile, Niagara College regularly hosts students for up to four months of English for Academic Preparation training followed by a Post-Graduate Certificate Program in either the Environmental or Hospitality and Tourism field.
- Preparing students for English language postsecondary studies and career advancement.
- Enabling and promoting access into Post-Graduate programs at Niagara College.
- Incorporating a number of practical components such as lab hours, guest speakers from local industry and field trips.
Impact on the Client
Promoting personal and professional growth in over 50 students, including:
- Strengthening all areas of English Language skills for the workforce and/or continuing studies; and
- Obtaining new knowledge, skills and certificates through various Post-Graduate programs.